July 30th, 2012
PopCap seeks a skilled, intelligent and highly motivated Social Games Analyst to join our Strategy and Analytics team in our Vancouver, BC Studio. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in business analytics, consumer insights, as well as a strong interest social media and social games.
The Social Games Analyst will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and rapidly changing environment and have a strong interest in social media and business intelligence. This position will play a key role in analyzing data and communicating insights that help guide game development, game marketing, and key business decisions regarding PopCap’s social games.
- Work with franchise business, marketing and game development teams to identify key performance metrics and benchmarks related to user behavior, user segmentation, monetization and virality to inform the ongoing operations of existing and the development of new social games.
- Evaluate and quantify the effect of ongoing changes to games through data analysis and statistical methods, and make recommendations to improve game performance based on findings.
- Effectively communicate key insights through internal reports, presentations and dashboards.
- Interface with stakeholders to ensure available data is applied for its best use to the organization.
- Produce competitive reports that monitor PopCap’s social games in relation to the social games marketplace.
- Meaningfully contribute to the evolution of tools for tracking and understanding user behavior.
- Work with game teams to ensure that products are being properly instrumented for metrics tracking through Kontagent, Google Analytics, Omniture and PopCap’s internal metrics databases.
Required Skills/Personal Requirements:
- Passion for games.
- Strong work ethic in a collaborative team environment.
- Superior communication skills and ability to communicate with senior management.
- High attention to detail & ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Access, Excel and Tableau is preferred.
- Familiarity with basic data analysis and statistical methods.
- Experience using R or other statistical analysis package a plus.
Education and/or Certifications:
- 2-5 years of prior work experience
- Experience as a data analyst, preferably focusing on marketing, e-commerce, and online or social media.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, economics, statistics, or sociology/psychology.